Results for the term... "human potential"
Results from the Quotations of Joseph Campbell
- Myths are clues to the spiritual potentialities of the human life.
- The Grail becomes that which is attained and realized by people who have lived their own lives. The Grail represents the fulfillment of the highest spiritual potentialities of the human consciousness.
- The interior of man has been essentially the same for 40,000 years, since the first emergence of Homo Sapiens. Myth has to do with the spiritual potentialities of this constant, this human being. But the images of myth must be derived from the environment of today and in this place. There is therefore a constant transformation of the image, but not of the reference.
- I can tell you that when a mythic dimension is opened to people, happiness, joy, and a sense of what might be called self-potentiality is opened to them as well. They have been given the saving image of human self-confidence and a new appreciation of the value of being human. Without this, they remain the toys of some political elite enforcing its own will for its own self-satisfaction and profit
Results from the Myth Blasts of Joseph Campbell
- An Interplay of Opposites
- A Bastion for Hope
- Bliss is not Found in Faithfulness to Forms, But in Liberation From Them
- Cosmic Marriage
- Modern Quests
- Nerves of Myth, Part I
- The Emerging Hero
- The Human Symphony: Notes From Asia
- The Mysteries at Eleusis: Different and Luckier
- The Mythology of Celebration
- The Radiant, Reordering Force of Art
- The Use of Myth: The Power of the Fleeting Apparition
- Thus Were the Meditations of the Serviceable Mind
- What’s Old Is New Again: Primitive Mythology
- NewsBlast | Love for Esalen in Hard Times
- One Way to Avoid Hell
- Pareidolia, Paradox, and Playing the Fool: When Writing an Article Precipitates an Existential Crisis about Your Field
- The Grail Never Fails: Continue the Search in the New Year
- The Illusions of Failure