Shopping Cart

No products in the cart.

Reply To: The Rhythmic Cadence of Life,” with Futurist Kristina Dryža”

I am posting your words again because something else struck me here:

Rhythm in art and in the art of life is essential. Rhythm imprints its patterns into our body, mind, and very souls. This incorporation builds strength and resilience in ways that our everyday cortex awareness is never able to fully grasp. And if it does detect these imprinted patterns, it rarely appreciates them. Rather, our left brain’s general default tendency is to judge, compare, and doubt their worth.

This line: This incorporation builds strength and resilience in ways that our everyday cortex awareness is never able to fully grasp. And if it does detect these imprinted patterns, it rarely appreciates them.

There is much to be said for the healing potential of Music.

Yes it certainly can be balm in times of grief…or trial.

But I would like to share a story, one told by George Harrison’s sister Lou at a Beatlefest.

She told her listeners about a young man who was determined to commit suicide and he also wanted to “get back” at his parents. So he decided he would put on their Beatles records and they would “find him…”

So he put on the records and swallowed the pills.

After the 1st record he felt a little less “down,”

By the second record: he felt a bit more upbeat.

By the third record: he felt down right chipper and realized he “didn’t want to die.” So he called the hospital.
Yes he survived.

So what was it about that particular rhythm at that time? Who knows?

But what you say about strength and resilience that passes by the awareness of the regular cortex…it’s a HIGHLY poignant note.

It’s as though all the myths are just  waiting for us to look them “in the mirror.”