Shopping Cart

No products in the cart.

Reply To: Cunneware’s Laugh: The Enticement of Delight,” with Leigh Melander, Ph.D.”

jamesn.
Participant

Thank you, Stephen. That’s exactly one of the things I was attempting to explain. (And also, for helping me to better articulate some of my earlier thoughts and better express some of the things I was trying to get at.) One of Joseph’s points he continually stressed was we all have to live within a system. “Is the system going to eat you up and rob you of your humanity? Or are you going to be to use the system for human purposes. – “The Power of Myth” with Bill Moyers

Also, on different occasions he talked about utilizing one’s internal: “Sacred Space”; where one might explore and bring forth not only what they are but what they might become. Some might call this the imagination; but I think it is much more than that, and a place that both children and seniors hold in common with play. Perhaps concerning Alzheimer’s or Dementia I think somewhere Joseph may have mentioned drinking from the river “Lethe” to forget their past. I found this description on Google:

“Which river of the realm of the dead has a name that means forgetfulness?

In Greek and Roman mythology, Lethe was one of five rivers in the underworld, or the kingdom of the dead. Drinking from Lethe (whose name means “forgetfulness”) caused the souls of the dead to forget all knowledge of their previous lives.”