Shopping Cart

No products in the cart.

Reply To: When the Adventure is a Drag,” with Mark C.E. Peterson, Ph.D.”

jamesn.
Participant

One last addendum to my questions after you finish answering Sunbug if I may, which has to do with one’s “Core Complex”. Here is one quick explanation from James Hollis. What I’m actually attempting to address is the relationship between the personal and collective unconscious, and the possible Eastern as well as Western way of addressing it within a set of circumstances where one is in a state of “static” arrest. And the Archetypes and the Complexes that can affect someone’s mental and emotional state are stimulated or, “triggered” if you will, by some sort of symbol or experience whether in waking consciousness or dream state, that has a certain emotional tone attached to it that sets it in motion. (There is an old saying that goes: “we don’t have complexes, they have us”; would be an example). And much of one’s personal system of complexes are tied to one’s sense of self-image or self-esteem, or self-identity if I’m understanding the concept correctly. Joseph’s talks about the Hero going into the abyss to slay a Dragon which actually has to do with the “ego”-consciousness assimilating what is down there, would be “one” example, I think. And my questions have to do with the: “tripping over something you mentioned”; and what may come to greet you.

(My apologies if my explanation is rather clumsy for I’ve been working on this problem for quite a while of trying to figure out what my “Core Complex” is which is related to much of my past.) Here is one of Joseph Campbell’s explanations from the: “Power of Myth” concerning the dynamic interplay between the individual and their unconscious that I’m using to help better clarify what I’m trying to get at. Again, I’m not trying to distract from the original direction of the topic, and I realize this may be a somewhat different take on it. But I think it still applies, only in a different way. Namaste