Shopping Cart

No products in the cart.

Reply To: The Quest of Creative-Being Itself, with Mythologist Norland Tellez:

jamesn.
Participant

Greetings Dr. Tellez; so nice to have you at the forums. There is something Stephen mentioned that struck me about the inner struggle of the artist that informs whatever they do that I think is this sense of what Joseph mentioned as: “Tat tvam asi”; or (thou art that). To me this comes out of the core of their expression contained within a kind of context that says: “this is my interpretation of this thing I’m trying to address”. And whether through music, visual art, writing, or whatever form you are using it’s message must have some kind of connection to this interior place within. However; having said that to Michael’s point we all are at different emotional places of reference within the context of our individual lives and may see this same thing differently than at other times; and indeed possibly differently from someone else.

James Hillman had an interesting point he raised in his book: “The Soul’s Code: In Search of Character and Calling”; that might apply to Allison’s point about the God’s concerning the individual’s: “Daimon”; (a spiritual companion that accompanied a person through life and informed them of their calling and purpose). This idea I think would fit well within this discussion since it would apply to an individual’s unique sensibilities and life story; but you may have other thoughts to add on this.