Shopping Cart

No products in the cart.

Reply To: The Quest of Creative-Being Itself, with Mythologist Norland Tellez:

Hi Allison,

I am really enjoying this conversation too! Off-hand I cannot remember where the von Franz quote came from, I just typed what I could remember of it into a search bar to find it as I recalled reading something of its sort before, and it came up on Goodreads quotes. I would have to look up the source–or see if the source was given there, as at this moment I do not recall. When I think about the quote, I laugh in my recollections of at times telling people that if ever they see a little dark cloud over my head that it consists of or is because of all my unexpressed/unfinished work.  I am in semi-retirement now and can find more time to, I hope/intend, finish some things that have been on the list for quite a while!

(Marie Louise von Franz stated, “One of the most wicked destructive forces, psychologically speaking, is unused creative power … If someone has a creative gift and out of laziness, or for some other reason, doesn’t use it, the psychic energy turns to sheer poison. That’s why we often diagnose neuroses and psychotic diseases as not-lived higher possibilities.”)