Shopping Cart

No products in the cart.

Reply To: The Air We Breathe

Hi Richard,

Thank you. It is so nice to meet you. I would love to hear more about Cosmology and Brain Swimme and wish I could have taken your class when you were teaching it to learn more about Cosmology and Swimme.  I have read some of Swimme’s books and have thoroughly enjoyed them–love them!  Perhaps you can teach us here. I am all ears! I do have a question. When I was writing about Campbell’s “Earthrise,” I was trying to find yet one more quote by Swimme that I could not find that to me so perfectly “fits” the feeling of the new myth as the new dawn and new dawn also of Earthrise. I can’t locate a book I had by Swimme, The Hidden Heart of the Cosmos: Humanity and the New Story. He wrote about children awaking in the morning and looking at the rising sun and seeing themselves in the midst of our solar system, waking to that reality everyday, as the new myth. The way he wrote it was so beautiful I remember when I read that book for a class I read that paragraph over and over again. I tried to Google it but did not find it. Now I am wondering if I even had it in hard copy paperback/hardcover or if I had borrowed it from an online library I subscribed to–I sometimes did that as a student to save some money. In any case, I am wondering if you can off the top of your head locate that quote–I will keep trying to find it. That quote of Swimme’s and that book it is in seems like a nice sequel to the book, The Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv.