Shopping Cart

No products in the cart.

Reply To: Language as Metaphor?

Participant

Hello,

There is much cognitive dissonance in our species. That is what I enjoy and where I long to dwell . Between the opposites. In the midst of multiple perspectives.

“If you can see your path laid out in front of you step by step, you know it’s not your path. Your own path you make with every step you take. That’s why it’s your path.”

― Joseph Campbell

Is seeing the path of others wrong ?

We in the west often long for the connection to the earth to the season to vegetation to animal life our ancestor had . We catch glimpses of this path in indigenous and eastern perspectives and paths. But these paths while being foreign and new to us are well known paths to our species and it’s collective consciousness.

We are a restless lot . We do enjoy the Journey to exotic landscapes mindscapes worldviews. We enjoy our collections of perspectives … we enjoy our collections of myths.

Can we learn to appreciate our own perspective and myth that we live by ?

Is our reality just as mythic as we purport other peoples to be ?

The rat race and labyrinth of modernity is fraught with scientific & mythic connotations.

I think I shall go to the Everglades , become one with the river of grass , the Sea of Reeds !!! Yet that path is known , tread by indigenous feet for millennia …

“Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;
In the primal sympathy
Which having been must ever be;
In the soothing thoughts that spring
Out of human suffering;
In the faith that looks through death,
In years that bring the philosophic mind.“

Where do I find mine own Path ?

How do I sink below ?

How do I rise above ?

How do I sink below ?

How do I rise above ?

How do I sink below ?

How do I rise above ?

I shall plant myself here now and seek …

What is this Cosmos that revolves around my center my still point connected to the stillness in All ?

Our calling is to recapitulate resurrect the archaic mythic the foreign the dead , move forward and cloth them in newness of life in this our evolutionary metempsychotic episode …